Thursday, October 11, 2007

Everything happens for a reason

I believe that. I will probably use that title more than once, I believe it so much.

My mind keeps looping on the change in POV (point of view) that I tried for class. It just felt so right. It sucks that I'm going to have to add sections in different spots in the book if I want to play off of it, though. And how much? This character is a secondary character, so it can't be too much. But, I also don't want it to have that serial killer tone.

Do you know what I mean? Let me explain, just in case. I've read several thriller/mystery books where you'll read one or more chapters that are in 3rd person POV and then all of the sudden you'll get a chapter or few paragraphs in first person that are some deviant who watches or waits or is off killing someone. It would be hard not to end up that way and this person is not a killer...well, not really.

I just keep hearing, in my head, the narrative of the first person POV where they're watching so-and-so or thoughts, dreams or memories. Now, if you read about someone watching someone else, wouldn't that seem creepy? Man, this is rough.

I still feel that there is something to this. Writing this section as experimentation was good and I know there is a reason for it. I don't know if it is so I can implement it or if it was just to re-open my eyes to first person POV. Crazy. I guess I'll just wait for the reason to reveal itself. That's how life is, why can't it also be how writing is?

No comments:

Post a Comment