Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Awake and dreaming...

You remember what I said last night? If not, scroll down, sheesh.

I was relaxing, letting my mind wander and the answer to two of my questions came to mind! One was a puzzle piece I've been missing on the big novel and the other was how to move forward in the short story. The part I had written seemed to stop in a way that either meant I needed to go a different direction or take a very long route in order to get where I was going. It turns out I didn't have to do either. You'll have to take my word for that. 8)

The big novel had been missing one detail that I wasn't sure how to fix. There was a twist that I just couldn't make meet up with the rest of the story. Turns out, I had written in something that made it a lot easier than I thought it would be. Gotta love when it works out that way.

Well, I need to write my assignment for my writing class. I've been putting it off because it's the jacket copy for the novel. In other words, she wants us to write the description of the book that you find on the dust jacket of a hard back book. I just feel weird about that because the story isn't done. How do you describe a book that's not done? Oh well. Time to dive in, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment