Monday, July 30, 2007

I just remembered...I don't know what I'm doing!

Do you ever feel that way? I do. I feel, sometimes, like the world shifts and I lose my place. It's like we're some part of some giant child's snow globe and the owner has just come along and shaken everything loose. All we can do is sit tight and wait for the world to drift into the new pattern, accept it and move on.

Don't worry, its nothing big. I just have two stories swimming crazy patterns in the ocean of my brain. Hmm, reading that, I sound rather conceited. My brain is so vast it is an ocean? In my defense (great, I'm defending myself to myself -- maybe I am cracking up!!!), all brains are oceans: some just aren't as deep! hahaha! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

The new idea I had (I mentioned it a few blogs ago) is different. I say that a lot, I think. But, it is! I'm still in my genre...but I think my audience will be different and that is leaving me on shaking ground, somewhat. The desire to take another writing class is pretty strong right about now, let me tell you.

There's security in classes for me. Not only do I have an excuse to force myself to pay homage to my passion, but I can keep bettering my art. If I have questions, I can ask them! If I feel so lost and alone in my own crazy world, I can find someone who feels the same way! It's ambrosial, really. Guess I'll take a peek and see if I can find what I need. Cheers! Or, bottoms up maybe?

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this blog and the coffee shop blog. That is how I feel about going golfing. I really just wanted some time for me, but now I am stuck with always going golfing. Sometimes I pray for rain so I can just go to starbucks instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know how you feel about that, to a point. Sometimes I make a shopping trip that's a bit out of my way just so I can go to a specific coffee shop or Starbucks. Too bad the nearest Caribou Coffee is in Richmond!

    ReplyDelete