Monday, July 19, 2010

School isn't for dummies!

I have been horrendously neglectful of you, my beautiful, unread blog! I started you with the mindset that, with a blog, I would be motivated to write so I could discuss my trials and (many) errors here. And what did I do instead? I got motivated, continued writing and ignored you! Oh the injustice! Oh the random dramatics! Oh the writer's group goodness!

That's right. Not only have I neglected you, I've cheated on you. I've taken my (limited) experiences with me to a very small writer's group. I've been seeing them once a week, but I swear I'm thinking of you the whole time! Okay, that was a blatant lie. I think I've only thought of you once or twice in the three months it has been going on. But it was an accident! I didn't mean for it to happen! I found myself in a Panera Bread, tripped and my fingers just landed on the keyboard, I swear!!! The sweet words and caress of the keyboard were beyond my control: purely instinctual. It was fate. I couldn't stop it.

But I'm here for you now. Despite the school work still pending, I am here. I hope we can renew our passion together and continue on. I hope we can make this work. I'm willing to try. I'm willing to work hard and give you long thought and share intimate words with you. I'm here. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment