Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fingers, don't fail me now!

I think you'll hear me often say (or see me write, as it were) that I do love writing. Sometime it's an assurance, others it's more motivation, as if I'm working to reassure myself. I suppose that's not uncommon, really.

I did write a bit last night. As usual, I found a moment of zen while doing my nightly routine with my daughter. I think that point of the night is the only time (other than just before I fall asleep) where my brain is quiet enough to allow any hiding ideas to step forward.

I also had another idea for an intermediate/YA fiction novel a few nights ago that I wrote down last night. Sometimes I'm not sure how to manage the stray ideas that sneak in while I'm working on something else. I can't shut them out. Some of the ideas feel like good ones, but ideas seem to have a sort of expiration date. If you don't flesh them out in a certain amount of time, they seem to fade away like a flower losing its bloom. I hate the thought of wasting any idea, but I can't just stop one project and dive into another or I would lose the drive behind the first story. I guess all I can do is what I've been doing: work on my current story and flesh out whatever ideas for other stories that come to me to go back to later. Opinions and ideas are always welcome, guys. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment