Friday, April 4, 2008

Twenty minutes well spent

Actually, it may have been more than that, but twenty minutes is what I meant to write for. I didn't know where to start, so I opened a new document and started to sketch the plot, as I know it. I don't know the whole story. I don't personally feel that I will know the whole story (especially the end) until it is all typed out. To me, the end is like dessert. I want to enjoy the meal, I want to take everything in order so that when I reach for that first special bite, it will taste just as good as I imagined it would. Great, now I have a craving for chocolate!

I'm still planning to do as I said last night. After I blog, I'm going to start flipping through the short stories I have and figure out what needs work and what should just fly. I also need to find the prospective homes for my little darlings. That's the point, right? Oh, I hope someone will love them as I have. I just want someone to enjoy the journey like I do. I want to know that there is someone out there that either: reads my story and gets inspired, reads my story and they enjoy it so much that they mention or show it to someone else or reads my story and it stays with them as something new and entertaining. Isn't that the goal of most writers? We just want to tell the story that our audience keeps with them in some way. Well, that's what I want.

So, here's to twenty minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment