Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just you and I

Tonight, my only writing is to you. I lack the creative flow or motivation (one and the same?) to do anything more creative than continue a conversation with an invisible individual (you). Instead, maybe I'll turn my mind toward little things that make me happy. Hmm, that sounds good.

Laughter makes me happy. Giggles, if you want to be more exact. My little girl's giggles if you want to be really really exact. For those of you out there who know, without a doubt, that you can laugh with free abandon much in the same way my daughter does at anything that amuses her, I congratulate you. Laughter is something that should never be taken for granted and should be appreciated as fully as you are able without causing yourself bodily harm (or wet pants).

Hot tea or cocoa or coffee or cider make me happy. Warm drinks soothe and make me feel coddled. Its silly, but there it is.

Plants make me happy. Growing them, looking at them, smelling them, using them to cook with....whatever. I love seeing life in something small and tender like a new sprouting plant or in something giant and ancient like an oak. Plants have been here before us and will be here after us. The nurture us, nourish us and then feed on our remains. That sounds dark, but I don't mean it to be that way.

Okay, I feel better. Thanks for the free shrink session. 8)

1 comment:

  1. You are slacking in your writing! Your pushing a month with nothing to say? I find that hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete