Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The best way to ignore a distraction is to find more and bigger distractions!

I escaped today. I know, I make it sound so bad. I love being home. I love my life. I needed different air for my writing, though.

I somehow talked a grumbly hubby into letting me leave the house for an hour with the promise that I would still make a nice dinner. 8) Gotta love being able to bribe with food. Too bad the recipe I used was very lacking. 8(

So, I went to the Starbucks down the way for some writing time. I would have gone to Jersey Javas (which I love -- no glare, nice seats, good environment) but I wanted my Starbucks nonfat, no whip, peppermint mocha. Now, I just need to get a new travel cup (since hubby keeps taking it) so that I can save money and (more importantly) decrease waste.

My hour was good. I got around my whole boredom or whatever it is by skipping to a different section in the book. I got some solid writing down in a section I think I'm going to enjoy writing. One thing occurred to me when I was writing, however; what if I'm writing a trilogy? Man! I don't want to write a 3-book-er my first time out of the gate! It would also be much harder to finish. I mean, c'mon, this is my first novel that I'm actually going to finish. The number of words/pages a trilogy would entail is INSANE. No thank you. C'mon inspiration, lets keep it down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment