Saturday, July 28, 2007

Time keeps on slippin slippin slippin.....

Its been a few days since I blogged. Don't worry, I've still been writing, just not to you. 8P

I've decided I need another class, but I don't know where to find it. I want to take a class on character development. I've checked Gotham (http://www.writingclasses.com/index.php) and the only one they offer is through a one-day workshop in NYC. I'm trying to see if hubby's schedule will allow it as it is in November, but that's still pretty far off. If anyone knows any good books or can recommend any online classes, please let me know! 8) Thanks in advance.

I've realized that, despite how real my characters become to me, that their true natures are not always being portrayed in the stories. There is a "getting acquanted" period in any book, I know that, but if it takes too long, it is hard to become attached to the character. To me, that is a HUGE part of what makes the story. If you don't care what happens to the character, why bother?!?

I love my characters. Every single one of them, even the evil/bad ones. Mommy's always love their babies, right? Well, lets not get into the statistics and mess with that whole "real world" thing, okay? Real world has nothing to do with writing!!!! Kidding...mostly....sort of. The point is, if I love them, I want that to come through. Granted, I want the love/hate for my "bad guys" but that tends to be a bit easier since we can distance ourselves a little there. So, suggestions are good here, folks. I LOVE input. I NEED input. Okay, off to tamper with someone's life now. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment