Sunday, July 8, 2007

But, everybody does it...

Obviously I am barely wiggling my toes in the ocean of the blogging world. Craziness! I just looked up David Hewlett (Stargate Atlantis) and saw that he had a blog (now a website for his Indie flick A Dog's Breakfast). I just adore him. His character is so annoyingly funny in a likable want-to-slap-him kinda way.

Man! Everybody does do this, don't they? Don't I really feel like a lemming, now? I suppose everyone needs to say something now and then, why not make it public? Of course, it half feels like stepping out of the shower in front of a television camera and not knowing if there's anyone watching or not. Fear of being seen. Fear of not being seen. Are we all voyeurs and exhibitionists?

I've managed just over a page so far today and am pausing at the moment to write in this blog while I decide the direction of my next words. I'm finding that one of my characters is more real to me than another and it is making things hard for me. I can't figure out how to fix that. I wonder if I should go back and do a bit of my editorial process early or if I should just put that portion of the story on hold. Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog, Charity. I will bookmark it. And I love the photo of your cat. Looking forward to more....
    (And thanks for mentioning PEN ON FIRE!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Of course I would link you. You were one of the inspirations that broke down the wall of resistance on doing this!

    ReplyDelete