Friday, December 9, 2011

Break time, let's get busy!

Next week is finals.  Truth be told, I could take one final today if I wanted, but I really don't.  Today is the first day I've had "off" in about three weeks...or more.  I have nothing scheduled for today.  All day long, it is just me, the cats and the dog.  I'm not sure how much writing I'll get done since there is a Warehouse 13 marathon on Syfy.  Oh Syfy, how you distract me!

I know my most recently finished novel needs a bit more editing and that will probably be on the agenda when I get back to work.  I don't have any inspiration for a new novel yet, so I'll probably go back to the one I started this summer or possibly work on Book 2 from the first novel.

I have close to a dozen queries out floating around.  I've gotten a few rejections.  They are form letter emails, so they mean very little to me.  I choose to see myself as one step closer to an acceptance letter.

Now for something new...From now on, I'm going to use the blog as a bit of a writing exercise as well.  Anything I want: poems, short stories, and of course...Random Acts of Description.

They were like five black fingers reaching out from the sun-dappled water. Statuesque, they were unmoving as I silently tread forward. They reached away from the ancient water-soaked arboreal within the waterway.  They aren't beautiful, just lithe, curved, delicate forms.  As I watch, one finger separates from the hand, creating a new, moving point.  The brown and black snake-like head arches quickly to find a way beneath the surface.  The hunt is afoot. Another dark finger separates and then another before the hand waves good-bye as the cormorants seek food within the muddy depths.


No comments:

Post a Comment