Friday, May 16, 2008

April showers bring May flowers and....fever?

In a lot of ways, that's true. Gotta love those spring colds, flu, allergies, etc, etc, etc. But, I'm talking writing.

Spring and Summer have always been pretty good creative times for me. I get driven to read, write and...heck no on the rithmatic. Is cleaning artistic? lol

Anyways.... I think the whole, new life, blooming flowers, the world waking from its slumber makes me feel creative. I feel like dusting myself off, cleaning the cobwebs off of my brain (and files!) and getting cracking. Motivation is a lovely thing.

Before I talk about writing my latest short story, let me reiterate (more for myself than you, really): I have NOT given up on my novel. I am having a hard time deciding direction, but I'm NOT GIVING UP. Thank you!

I had a dream. It was an unusual dream. Maybe it was something I ate or adverse reaction to an Advil or something. I don't know. It was a very Sci-Fi dream. I told it to my husband who listened with his normal, "Man, she has nutty dreams" look on his face. And, while I was telling it realized that it would make a great story. Sci-Fi, as I think you know, is not something I do often if at all. It is definitely never anything bigger than a short story (though, this probably could be if I wanted to pursue it that far but to be honest, I would get bored with it if I tried to make it long). So, I've decided I'll pursue it a bit and see if I can get a short story out of it. Who knows, it might be my next submissing to LRH's WoTF contest. Wouldn't it be funny if the only time I ever submit a Sci-Fi short story to that contest that it wins? Crazy thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment