Friday, July 6, 2007

New Blogger

Yep, the pressure has gotten me, too. I am now going to be a blogger. Weee. I'm trying to get past my personal issues with blogs; feeling egotistical, wondering why anyone would want to read this, and maintaining my privacy. I'm pushing past in the pure hope that I can use this as a form of journal to help me explore my writing as well as to just have a place to vent frustration or keep those close to me up-to-date.

So, here I am. Where do I start?

I will seriously miss the writing class I was taking. It was kind of nice to be lazy and let someone tell me what to do as far as writing is concerned. Weekly assignments were available to get those creative juices flowing (hmm, never really cared for that phrase, so why am I using it?). I could really sit down and force myself to write for at least the 15-minutes needed/required every day not just by my instructor (and her wonderful book, "Pen on Fire") but by my commitment to do so for the course. Why is it any different now? Why do I feel that procrastination pulling at me and trying to aim me in the direction of one of my household chores or just watching mindless bits of television? This is the point when I start to wonder about myself. I have learned (and I think accepted) that this isn't an uncommon feeling for any writer to experience. I love writing. I love being immersed in a world I created and wondering where my characters will take me next. So, what's the problem?

It's easy to say you're tired and have so much to do. It's easier to fail. Yep, that's what I said. Is it pleasant? No. But think about it, failure takes less work. Failure doesn't make you push your personal limits. Failure doesn't make you face your fears. But, you know what else failure doesn't do for you? Give you hope.

I like hope. I like thinking that someday I'll be able to walk into a bookstore and see my name on a book (or in a book with a short story, even). I want that for myself. That said, I have something I need to do while Boos is napping....8)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I think this is a great idea - I love your writing - now I can read it whenever I want!!!

    ReplyDelete